Friday, May 9, 2008

MONTHS OF WOES ...

Beginning on Wednesday, I travelled by train to Equine Park. It was a nice and smooth journey of 6.30 Metro bus from Bunga Raya. Then, I arrived at Rawang KTM Station at 7 and quickly boarded the 7.07 train to Seremban. Arrived at 8.15 in Serdang and got in the 8.30 Rapid bus to Putra Permai.

The best thing about using public transportation I guess, is the pleasure of relaxing and snoozing all the way from Rawang to Serdang. I do not have to hassle about driving and figuring out how to avoid traffic jam.

At 9.00 I reached Wisma Penyayang and immediately worked on my tasks though Aida kept on saying there are no more tasks to be given to me. Aida let me go very much early so that I can go to HKL to meet Cik.

While I was there, I got a phone call from Kak Errie asking my whereabout... She told me Abang Said was admitted to Pusrawi and will be getting an emergency surgery at 17.00 pm. Since Hasrul was a bit confused with the way, she asked whether I can drive the whole family including mine to Pusrawi and she wanted me to use their Unser.

So I rushed to Bunga Raya, fetched abang Khaizu and the children and quickly drove to Sg. Buaya. We reached Pusrawi exactly at fifteen to 1800. Straightaway we went to Level 5, As Salam Ward but abang Said was not there. The nurse told me that he is still in the OT so we moved to level 3.

Being in a hospital will always bring back old time memories though not many are sweet ones. I saw the nurse pushing a bed and I was pretty sure it was Abg. Said though Hadi said the man was shorter than his Ayah. I suggested to check whether it is really Abang Said and asked everybody to wait at Level 3. It is true, he was pushed out of the OT so I called everybody.

He was a bit weak but still managed to interact with the children as well joking around with my kids. We kept on warning the children to be more quiet for their Ayah's sake, but kids will always be kids.

Salwa voluntereed to stay and looked after the father and I was so proud of her. It reminded me to how adamant I was to stay at the ward, during the time Arwah Abah was warded last time in Selayang as well as in Raub...

I do pray that Abang Said will be okay... It will be difficult to the family if anything bad happens to him...

No comments: